I’ve recently been stalking the channels of some talented beauty vloggers on YouTube and I’ve been adding to my make-up stash ever since. Well my stash has grown a little and I was running out of space to store everything.
So I decided to make myself an easy make-up organizer.
Here is the finished project 🙂
Let’s get started!
You’ll need the following supplies:
- A foam board (Joann’s under $5 it was marked 40% off because the other side was damaged. I think paid about $3.49 for it)
- one square tray (came in a pack of 3 from the Dollar Tree for $1)
- one rectangular tray (came in a pack of 3 from the Dollar Tree for $1)
- 4 salt and pepper shakers (pack of two for $1 at the Dollar Tree)
- 4 packs of pearl appliques (Joann’s$1 a pack)
- one white sparkly felt sheet (Joann’s $0.99)
- 4 black felt sheets (Joann’s 4 for $1)
- 5 sheets of scrapbook paper (Sparkly sky blue) (Joann’s $1.99 each)
- White ribbon (not pictured I had it in my stash already)
And here are the supplies you’ll need:
- Knife to cut the foam board
- A glue gun
- Glue sticks for glue gun
- regular glue stick (I didn’t end up using that)
First cut your foam board to size then hot glue the sheets of blue sparkly scrapbook paper over it. Off camera I added a strip of white ribbon around the entire board with hot glue so you wouldn’t see any of the blue on the edges.
Next start covering your trays and salt and pepper shakers with the felt
Just a few cuts and some hot glue later 🙂
I did two in white and two in black
Next cover the trays
Same process a few cuts and some hot glue, it’s like wrapping a present.
Next I added my pearl appliques for an added touch with hot glue
Next put everything on the foam board and hot glue it down
Ta-Da you’re done! In the rectangular tray I put my blender sponge, eyelash curler, a couple of single eye-shadows and my eye primers. In the middle square tray I put my blushes, bronzers, and powders on the right side and my eye-shadow kits on the left side. On either side of the square tray are the two salt and peppers shakers. I have all my lip and eye liners in there.
Front view: You can see the white ribbon I added and the pearls in the front of the tray and shaker holders.
This project cost me about $20 and took me about an hour to do. You wanna know the best part? I have enough materials to make a 2nd holder if I want too!
This tray sits nicely next to my other DIY project I did a few months back.
My DIY Make-Up brush holder, click here to find out to make this too!
I hope you guys like it and find this tutorial helpful