Today’s post is on this DIY decorative vase transformation. This vase is part of my master bedroom make-over I am doing. So to start I had been scouring craigslist and all my local stores for a nice inexpensive vase to fill this blank space in my master bedroom. For awhile there I was coming up empty handed. That is until I found this little beauty on craigslist for $5.
It was already in good shape and pretty to keep as is, if it matched my color scheme for my bedroom but sadly it did not. So I had to give it a little a makeover.
I used the following supplies to give my vase new life:
Rust-Oleum American Accents 2x Ultra Cover spray paint in the color Gloss Ivory. Next as an accent color I used a painters paint pen in a pale light blue color.
Here’s how my vase looked after three light coats of the spray paint.
And here is how the vase looked after I added my accent color
To fill my vase I went to Michael’s and purchased Ashland Naurals stems. I used a 40% off coupon and purchased them for $6.99.
Inside my vase I used the green floral blocks so that my sticks sat up a little higher. Then to finish it off added a little fake moss on top.
Here is the finished project!
Easy and inexpensive I believe the total project cost me $19 that includes all supplies.
Today’s post is a DIY dresser transformation. So this dresser was an unexpected find, I was driving through a residential neighborhood and saw this dresser sitting on the curb with a for sale sign. I scored this dresser for $30 which was a great deal considering it is solid wood. Originally it was a light colored unstained wood but it had some sticker residue and crayon marks on it. So I stained it this dark color you see in the picture and added new knobs. This was years ago so this dresser has been through a lot, one cross country move and one local move.
So it was time for a fresh new look, first I started by cleaning the dresser off with just a damp rag and then dried it off with a dry rag. I removed the knobs and drawers and used my sander with an 80 grit sandpaper to remove the old stain.
After sanding, I wiped the excessive saw dust off with a dry rag and went back through it with my sander again this time using 100 grit sandpaper just to smooth is down some and remove any remaining stain I missed the first go around. Once that was done, I again wiped off the excessive saw dust and now it was time to paint!
I used my Valspar paint I picked up at Lowe’s from the As Is cart for $5. The color is a dark gray.
I used the can on the left.
I painted two coats using a foam roller and I waited a full 24 hours in between coats. Next I used some Minwax Polycrylic to seal my paint.
I followed the instructions on the can and used a Wooster Brush to apply the polycrylic.
Finally it was time to add my knobs, I bought these crystal glass knobs on Amazon, they came in a pack of 10 and cost $8.85
Time to put it altogether, I put the drawers back in place and this project was finally complete!